Selecting Comfortable Ladies Shoes
A new pair of shoes can be a real treat, especially after looking all over town for the right ones. Although, the lure of an attractive or cool pair of ladies shoes can outweigh common sense issues.
Well, comfort becomes the most important issue when you’re wearing a pair of ladies shoes all day. Ladies shoes without any support, that are too tight, or just don’t provide enough warmth, make your life miserable.
It’s easy enough to avoid these problems by following a few tips when shopping for Womens Shoes Online.
Tips for Comfortable Ladies Shoes
Before you head out to the store, or while at the store, get your shoe size checked. If it has been a long time since you were last measured, your feet may have changed.
Yes, foot sizes can change over the course of your adult life!
So, that size nine ladies shoe may not fit very well anymore. You might need to move up to a nine and a half, or you may need a wider shoe.
What are some other things to consider?
- If you have flat feet, avoid ladies shoes with a high arch in the insole. Instead, look for a gentle arch and plenty of padding under the entire foot.
- Try to avoid pointy toed shoes for everyday work. They may look attractive, but they can lead to hammer toe.
- Athletic ladies shoes may not be the best option for hiking and camping. They are not usually waterproof and can allow moisture to seep in.
- Pick a durable hiking shoe made from leather or a water-resistant faux leather.
- Stilettos are not a good choice for all day wear. They are harder to walk on, and they can put more pressure on your heel. If you prefer high heeled ladies shoes, look for ones with a shorter, wider heel.
Keep these suggestions in mind when shopping and you’ll feel a lot better on your feet in the long run.
A Note for Diabetics
If you have diabetes, it is worthwhile to buy supportive, protective ladies shoes. Diabetics can lose sensation in their feet over time, which can make you more prone to tripping or injuring your foot. Even something as simple as part of the shoe repeatedly rubbing against your foot can create a large sore. When you don’t feel the blister developing, it causes a more severe wound.
Look for ladies shoes that are smooth inside, have plenty of padding, and feel comfortable while holding snugly to your feet.